<$BlogRSDURL$>

8.30.2003



damn helicopters

i woke up at 3am this morning... and i'm still awake... the flying pigs--(yes, they do fly--especially when you live right by the freeway--so, all you cynical jerks out there who used that idiomatic expression to tell someone, "tough shit!"... well, you're shit outta luck. it's pay-up time.)--were hovering over the house with the "spotlight on fugitive!" they hovered so close i kept imagining that the fugitive in question was going to run up my back porch steps, smash through my window and try and take cover. as i lay in bed in the dark, i put my eyeglasses on just in case. even though it was too dark to see anything in my room, i at least wanted clear shadows to see my way around in case of emergencies.

i contemplated how i could best use these extra waking hours, since i couldn't fall back asleep... should i pay my cell phone bill? nah... these were magic hours. you don't waste magic on the mundane. what do i do? i cyber surf. read my daily horoscope. i yawn... i'm still yawning... i think of breakfast. and i think... i need to try and nap, right now.

Comments: Post a Comment