<$BlogRSDURL$>

8.01.2003



why am i dating?

what's the point here? i just (well, okay--7 months) got out of a relationship, do i really need to get involved with someone else upon whom i base any of my own feelings, thoughts or concerns? shouldn't i take a much needed respite where i'm entirely self reliant and take my space to do my own thing? and even if i date one person, why one? should i limit myself during this time of freedom?

i need to date myself. not as in carbon dating for my half-life, but as in going on a date with myself. i have tons of things i'm neglecting, been neglecting, neglected, haven't even thought enough about to even neglect. maybe that's what my exciting friday night should look like. maybe i'll just go out with jim bean or jack daniels... yeah, that sounds healthy. it also smells like whiskey.

Comments: Post a Comment