<$BlogRSDURL$>

7.08.2003



everything smells so damn GOOD...

i found out that "e" now has a blog. actually, he's had a blog for a few weeks now, and he's just decided to tell me. for those who don't know, "e" used to post on eye8infiniti as "heinrich." i guess he moved on to better and greener blog templates. can i tell you? i live multiple days in one day and multiple nights in one night. so, i was swigging on some whiskey while talking to "e" on the phone. it ended up making me damn tired--i fell asleep. now, when i read just now how i was "swigging," it makes me feel trashy--like i've got some problem with the drink. oh hell. maybe it's not so bad since i was really fiending for a mojito, from which i bravely prevented myself from having. anyway, i guess i got drowsy and started nodding off on the phone and talking nonsensical. last memory: "e" was telling me to go to sleep. i think i slept for about an hour, maybe less. then, i get up feeling like a loser who didn't do any work tonight, other than the energy expended in fixing myself a drink. i get up to turn off lights and close the windows when my phone rings:

me: hello?

"r":"r?"

me: oh, "r"? (i'm shocked. it was "r" from that online community that i will not mention here, since i have before and i don't care to have the cyber trails lead back to this post! i was about to write "r" off. now, he was calling me). an approximate one and one-half hour ensued that covered a range of topics: stage fright, extro vs. introversion, over-bearing parenting, "benign" parenting, musical childhoods, drugs, drug addicts and the people who love them, work, quitting work, unemployment, "i wanna get fired," you can't get unemployment if you get fired, i wanna quit, i played the clarinet, i played the clarinet too, "you comin' to my show tomorrow?," "i'm fading," and blah blah blah. i'm BAD AT LINEARITY. at least three times, i found myself making a random connection to something "r" said, to only realize, there is no connection to what he said and that i'm rambling, because in my warped mind, this shit made sense... great. let's just hope he's not linear, too. then, it would all make sense. here's to jagged lines!

Comments: Post a Comment