<$BlogRSDURL$>

2.13.2004



today is a new day

i've decided. after looking at the seriousness of my personality disorder test, i've decided that today will be the first day that i try to let go of my obsessive tendencies. i'm going to stay in the moment. here's an inspirational exchange from the fantabulous book that i'm reading right now, middlesex by jeffrey eugenides:

from pp. 453-454 (picador ed.)

He didn't ask the usual questions about my origin and destination. Instead, as we drove off, he asked, "Where did you get that suit?"

"Salvation Army."

"Real nice."

"Really?" I said. And then reconsidered. "You're teasing."

"No, I'm not," said Scheer. "I like a suit somebody died in. It's very existential."

"What's that?"

"What's what?"

"Existential?"

He gave me a direct look. "An existentialist is someone who lives for the moment."


... and so will i, ladies and gentlemen, so will i...

btw, even though i linked to amazon.com here for middlesex, doesn't mean i think you should buy from them. if you're in the LA area, please check out my favorite bookstore, midnight special at their new location on 2nd Street, Santa Monica. if you don't, the world will turn in to an overpriced, and with poor-selection BARNES & NOBLE!!!! UGH!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment