<$BlogRSDURL$>

9.10.2004



the answer is: my ass!

pack rats really have a way of rationalizing why they horde the things they do. in cleaning my room, i had to discard four calendars from previous years. i kept them thinking, "the pictures are so pretty. i should keep them for some art project."

the reality? my ass.

those calendars were shoved between the wall and my desk collecting dust over the years. waiting... just waiting to be re-purposed for some crafty idea i never came up with. pack rat possessions are physical evidence of a pack rat's clouded foresight. we keep thinking, "i'll need this one day."

the reality? my ass.

this overhauling of my room is going to be my first big step in trying to be more in the "here and now." if i ain't using it now, or in the immediate future, then it's gotta go.

as all my progressive peeps would say on their bumper stickers, "war is not the answer." so, it is also true that the other answer i must always keep in mind when thinking that i need to keep all the original packaging of my cordless phone because "when i move (in some far, distant, nebulous future) it will make packing it so much easier" is--you guessed it-- "my ass!"

Comments: Post a Comment