<$BlogRSDURL$>

2.17.2004



bud dammit!

i can't, for the life of me, seem to find a decent earbud for my cell phone anymore. granted, i can easily go on the nokia site and buy accessories from there, but i'm near broke! and this phone is on its last ear. that's right, ladies and gents, i'm waiting out my contract so i can take my number elsewhere! such is the gigola life of a cellphone user. i spent almost two hours at the mall waiting for some (let's call him, "dude") at some kiosk to give me a refund on my barely audible earbud that i bought last week from him. he had a sign that read, "exchanges within 7 business days. no refunds." i changed all that. unfortunately, the guy who ran the kiosk was not there, i was told, because he was "out getting merchandise"-- aka, he was probably shopping somewhere else! in his place, was his helpless friend who did everything to stall.

"he'll be here in an hour."

"an hour?"

"yeah, he's on his way. he called me."

i hung out at the mall, having an overpriced lunch and my moroccan mint addiction tea latte, reading. over an hour later, i return to the kiosk to find... the same helpless dude!

"he's on his way. he told me. he's on overland. he'll be here any minute."

why do people say that? as if anyone has time to guesstimate which of the infinite possible minutes within the time continuum that we know, helpless dude's friend will arrive. helpless dude's friend finally arrived. he tried to show me how he was "doing me a big favor" in giving me a refund by staring at the credit card machine with confusion: "i don't even know where the 'refund' button is because we don't give refunds.'" did i care? shoot! well, at least he learned something new today. (i sound bitter). really, i'm not mad. i'm just earbudless.

Comments: Post a Comment