<$BlogRSDURL$>

11.02.2005


meta-blogging moment 


so my friend, "r," sends me this cryptic email today--no subject, no message, nothing--except this link.

apparently, he's had a blog for almost a year and a half and he's never told me about it. you'd think i wouldn't be so shocked since it's only a blog, but i have memories of telling him in the past about how he should keep one. now i know that he finally decided to do so in cyber-silence. it's strange to read posts that he wrote a year ago. it's like peering into his private thoughts that he never shared in public. it makes me a bit giddy and shy. god knows what he'll think reading me reading him (sounds like some song lyric from an 80's song).

reading my friends' blogs has always been a bit weird for me. for some people i know who live far away, i've been able to know their lives on the daily through the little snippets they throw out into cyberlandia. it would sometimes skew my memory when i see these friends in person again, because i wouldn't quite know if certain things in their lives were things they told me directly, or indirectly. i'd have to incorporate certain phrases in our conversations like, "oh, yeah. i remember when that happened to you. i read that!"

lately, since r's moved out of the country, i thought maybe he'd want to join an online community like friendster or myspace to keep in touch but, he'd always give me some iffy answer like, "we'll see." well, now i saw. maybe he's wanted to keep his cyber-life private and anonymous, which is what the blogosphere can offer you. i just wonder why now he's decided to reveal this cyberlife to me.

it's like he flashed me with his private hypertext.

should i avert my eyes?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment