<$BlogRSDURL$>

8.03.2005


human pin cushion 


tonight was my third week in a row laying half naked on a cold bed/bench with god knows how many needles stabbed into various parts of my body to prod it back into average health. the seamtress/medical intern doing the stabbing suggested i keep a health journal: tracking my diet, my body's physical state and emotional state. why haven't i thought of that before? i don't know if it would be much more cheerful than other journals i've kept in my life. it would probably be worse. any reader coming across it might be horrified at how little/infrequent i eat and how sorry my immune system is these days.

sample entry:

BREAKFAST: didn't have time to make oatmeal. just boiled an egg.
PHYSICAL: itchy. broke into more hives.
EMOTIONAL: itchy. broke into more hives. PETA activists get on my nerves. would they rather i bite their legs instead of a chicken's? cleanliness is next to godliness. i think i have PMS.


i thought i'd be the last candidate for acupuncture after fainting in the university clinic lobby years ago after getting blood drawn. what gets me through acupuncture sessions nowadays is that i make sure the intern never shows me the needles. i just look away and pretend she's pinching me cuz i'm dreaming.

Comments: Post a Comment